May Fair, a Celebration of our 300th Anniversary Saturday, May 14th
FOOD • DEMONSTRATIONS • GAMES • FUN
• 11 am – May Pole Dance
• 12:00 – Flour Sack Race at Celtic Cross
• 12:30 pm – Blessing of the Animals
• 1:00 pm – Tug-O-War at Celtic Cross
• 1:30 pm – Sons of the American Revolution Color Guard Salute
• 2:00 pm – Musket/rifle Demonstrations
Other activities throughout the day:
• Costumed Colonial Displays and Demonstrations
• Horse-drawn Wagon Rides to Old Wye Mill
• Children’s Games and Activities: Paint-a-Pot, Face Painting, Doll-making, Petting Zoo, Tug-O-War, Butter Churning, Marble Shooting, Flour Sack Race & More
• Fife and Drum Corps
• Sons of the American Revolution Color Guard Musket Demonstrations and Displays of historical items
• Fire Truck from Queenstown Fire Department
• BBQ Chicken Dinners
• Capt. Meredith’s Fish Fry Dinners
• Parish Kitchen: Salads, Sandwiches, Hot Dogs, Sweet Potatoes & More
• Bake Shoppe, Sweet & Savory!
• Virtual Tour of Old Wye Church
• Book Sale: Unbelievable Prices!
• Various Vendors: Local Honey, Flowers, Plants, Vegetables, Driftwood Crafts, Local Artisans, Pottery & More
• Local Community Organizations, including
Benedictine School – Eastern Shore themed clothing
The Rev. Susan Leight graduated from The Virginia Theological Seminary with a Master of Divinity Degree at its Bicentennial Commencement Service on Thursday, May 12th. Bishop San represented the diocese at the commencement ceremony. We are all so proud of Susie because her studies began in 2019 – pre-Covid 19 and she was able to persevere and pursue her studies despite living into the mandatory restrictions as a result of the Covid-19 Pandemic virus. Her ordination to the priesthood is scheduled for later this year. Congratulations Susie!! (please check below for a note to Wye Parish from Susie)
This Sunday, May 15, 2022
One All-Parish Service
9:00 am Holy Communion – Old Wye Church
Collect for the Fifth Sunday of Easter
Almighty God, whom truly to know is everlasting life: Grant us so perfectly to know your Son Jesus Christ to be the way, the truth, and the life, that we may steadfastly follow his steps in the way that leads to eternal life; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
This Sunday we welcome The Reverend Patricia Drost Kuhns as our preacher and celebrant.
Birthday Blessings to Savannah Scott. Anniversary Blessings for David and Barbara Bryan.
Grace and peace to you in this season of Easter. Pray for Ukraine.
March 31, 2022
Hello to My Brothers and Sisters in Christ at Wye Parish!
Sending my thanks for your support of me in this last year. It was a tremendous gift to serve & learn with and from you. The tippet is a gift that I will treasure forever. As I wear it throughout the course of my ministry, I will remember and give thanks for my time with you at the very beginning. Peace and love to all!
The Rev. Susie Leight
Haven Ministries Emergency Food Pantries
I have just been notified that the last few clients at the shelter have been transitioned out to other permanent housing. On behalf of our guest and the staff I would like to thank everyone for their assistance throughout the winter months. Your meals were greatly appreciated. If we should accept any other guest into the shelter before the end of the month, I let everyone know.
Many thanks for all the help.
The Offering Plate –
We thank you for your support of Wye Parish.
The Offering Plate
We thank you for your support of Wye Parish.
You may always choose to donate using our online giving. Simply click on the plate to make an online offering for Wye Parish. This online giving feature also may be accessed any time by clicking the donate button at the top of this newsletter or from the Wye Parish website.
Thank you to all who have mailed their weekly or monthly offerings, bring their pledges to church on Sunday mornings and to those who are already using our online donation service.
Wye Parish Ministry Calendar
Sat. May 14 – 10 am – 4 pm May Fair at Old Wye Church
Sun. May 15 – 9 am All-Parish Holy Communion at Old Wye Church
Mon. May 15 – 7 pm Vestry Meeting in the Wye Parish Library
Wed. May 18 – 7 pm Choir rehearsal in the St. Luke’s Parish Hall
Sun. May 22 – 9 am All-Parish Morning Prayer at Old Wye Church
Wed. May 25 – 7 pm Choir rehearsal in the St. Luke’s Parish Hall
Sun. May 29 – 9 am All-Parish Morning Prayer at Old Wye Church