Wye Parish is an active Episcopal congregation in the Diocese of Easton. We are one parish with two church buildings but with one vestry (governing body) that oversees the business of both locations. Historic Old Wye Church in Wye Mills, MD, was built in 1721 and was built to replace an older wooden “chapel of ease” for St. Paul’s Church in Centreville, MD.  We look forward to celebrating its 300 years throughout 2021.  St. Luke’s Chapel on Main Street in Queenstown, MD was built in 1841 on land deeded to the Parish by Mr. & Mrs. James Massey of historic Bowlingly, the home in whose fields the town of Queenstown was built. In the early 1900’s, as the town of Queenstown grew, St. Luke’s Chapel was the more active church in Wye Parish and the remotely located Old Wye Church had fallen into disrepair.  But in 1949 Mr. Arthur Houghton provided the funds and oversight for the restoration of the Old Wye Church and the rebuilding of its Vestry Cottage, which had disappeared.  Today both churches serve an active congregation with and 8 am Sunday service at St. Luke’s, a 10 am Sunday service at Old Wye and shared activities throughout the year.  Click here to read more about the history of Wye Parish.